Sunday, September 13, 2009

In a Hurry But

while I'm not doing anything as complex as conducting a search for the perfect mitten pattern, I am eager to hear feedback from those who've used Blue Moon STR in its various different weights ... because my fabulous parents gave me a BMFA gift certificate for my birthday (it's in October, don't even ask) which I can't wait to use and the more user info I have the better. I don't know what I want to make, and it's going to be hard to get me off of the Raven clan colorways since I've been lusting after these for a long time (as Jocelyn knows full well) ... but, yes. Especially curious about the medium or heavyweight ...

Okay, now I'd really better go prepare for classes & meetings tomorrow .... and figure out what I'm going to wear to chapel (I'm on duty Sunday nights this fall and that means going to chapel. Dressed Up -- but not in stilettos like the girls in the dorm. No. )

ETA: my eco yarn cam for the clasica coat and I love it --more on that next time

3 comments:

Bea said...

I used medium weight for my first pair of socks and it was basically like knitting a sport weight pair of socks, so sort of heavy. I can't really remember much about the knitting part though because it was so long ago. I've never tried the heavyweight.

Knitting Linguist said...

I've knit socks for Rick out of the mediumweight, but I've never used the heavyweight (although I've kind of thought of using it for a sweater sometime -- in one of the Raven clan colorways, natch). The mediumweight felt rather heavy to me, and while Rick likes the socks, they're definitely on the thicker side. I loved the Twisted and the Geisha when I used them, but that wasn't for socks...

Nana Sadie said...

I used the heavyweight for my first pair of BMFA STR socks - but that was a gift. It was fine for the recipient who, come to think on it, lived in your neck of the woods.

For here? I use lightweight.
I LOVE STR.
But I also love the sportweight BFL. Used it for Shawl That Jazz and it was luscious.

Those Raven colors? To DIE for - marvelous - you keep finding new shades when you thought you knew all about the item you knitted - Oh, there's another one!
:)
(((Hugs)))