Sunday, April 22, 2012

Now What?

(But first, can I just say that I'm unhappy about Blogger wanting to connect everything to my Google+ account? I'm going to be looking into Tumblr and Wordpress instead. Not that I'm blogging all that much ...)

But ... the Eyjafjallajökull Shawl is done, and blocking! I can hardly believe it. Part of me thinks I should really never knit again, and the rest is just blithely adding more and more shawls to my queue. For a while I thought I'd make a shawl for a graduation gift for each of my advisees... now I'm down to seven but even that feels daunting some days(although they are only sophomores at this point --see, I keep talking myself back into it). Anyway, photos of my Iceland volcano shawl:





The outdoor pre-blocking photos are closer to the real color of this gorgeous Heritage Silk but neither set gets it exactly right. Oh, have I loved this project. I might even make it again.

Happy Earth Day!



1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

That is absolutely stunning!! You CAN'T give up knitting - look at what beautiful things you make :)