Thursday, March 12, 2009

Six O'Clock, and All's Well

  • I am on duty, but there are only 4 girls sleeping here tonight and I don't expect to be here late. My colleague's cats are keeping me company, though, and it's all very congenial.
  • One of my colleagues is a 3 year breast cancer survivor; the therapy destroyed all of her eggs but even so she has been trying for all of those 3 years to have a baby, and she's just had a positive pregnancy test!
  • I got a reappointment letter today, final confirmation that I do indeed have a job for next year.
  • D#2's mummers' play performance is next week.
  • There was warm sunshine this afternoon, and the snow is almost all gone. What's next, daffodils??
  • D#1 is about to go traveling ...
  • Knitting, on both the swim meet socks and the traveling scarf, proceeds apace.
  • I have some very vacation-y things planned for tomorrow and may even finish the day with a workshop at Stitch House. Of course, I may go to bed at 7 p.m. instead ...
  • Aside from my evening class next Thursday (only 6 of those left), I don't have to teach again until March 31st.

3 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

All's well, indeed! That's fabulous news about your friend's pregnancy :) And what a relief about the job for next year (does this mean no sabbatical?). And D#1 is travelling? Inquiring minds wonder where...

Bea said...

Excellent news for your friends pregnancy! Also excellent news about having a job for next year! Jocelyn is right about inquiring minds and traveling.

(Also can I say how lucky is it that you don't have to teach again until April? That seems a long time away. Have fun with your spring holiday.)

Nana Sadie said...

OH MY!!! Congrats on being sure of the job!!!

In this day, with this economy? That letter must have given you a big weight off the shoulders!

And congrats to your friend!!!
(((Hugs)))