Friday, November 7, 2008

Pumpkin Squares

These are yummy. Making them was just what I needed this afternoon.

4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
2 c pumpkin puree (1 can is fine if you haven't got a huge jack o'lantern on your doorstep)
1 cup vegetable oil

Beat until fluffy. Add:

2 c flour
1 tsp salt
some grated nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon

Bake on an ungreased jelly roll pan at 350 about 30 minutes.

When cool, frost with:

6 oz cream cheese
1 c butter
1.5 tsp vanilla
3.5 - 4 cups 10X sugar

2 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

Mmm...those *do* sound good!

Bea said...

Ok so I'll have to go get a can of pumpkin stuff so I can try this. I didn't get a pumpkin this year. :(

(my word verification says win a life without those spaces. You think its trying to tell me something?)