Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oops, it's December

Sorry about that. It's been a little busy around here.

Our Thanksgiving was very nice --food and company -- and now there are vats of turkey broth in the freezer to remind us. Even the cats behaved; Dobby and Sirius tolerated a lot of attention, and Fleur gracefully absented herself from the mayhem. The only untoward incident was the dishwasher vomiting water all over the floor Thursday night, but even that thoughtful appliance waited to have its issues 'til it was on the third load of the evening so the clean up wasn't so bad.

Lots of knitting -- craft-fair-related (baby hats) and secret knitting on the skull scarf. I wish I could see the design developing, as I'm nervous about the pattern. It's one of those scenarios where the directions don't make sense and you knit along slavishly following them anyway and hoping it'll all work out okay. I have noticed that this does tend to happen to me with a certain kind of pattern chart, and if I knew more educational theory I might be able to discern something useful about myself as a learner. The best I've been able to do is force myself to remember that in most instances, when I do exactly what the pattern says, no matter whether it makes sense to me or not, it ususally works out. We won't discuss the exceptions.

As far as the fair knitting is concerned, I think I *have* achieved a good balance of knitting up stash yarn and buying some colors that ought to go well at this time of year (Cascade 220 in "Christmas Red" from Stitch House, forsooth). One of my fellow swim parents bought some fingerless gloves practically off my needles the other day, so I hope that's a good sign.

Twelve school days until winter break. Two more meetings of my evening class. Craft fair Sunday.

I'll be back --but it might not be 'til Sunday night.

2 comments:

marit said...

Good luck Sunday:-)

Knitting Linguist said...

Whew! You have been busy. I'm sorry to hear about the dishwasher -- I hope that wasn't a big repair... And it sounds like the craft fair knitting is going swimmingly (get it?)(sorry). Good luck with your last classes. So close...