Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Whew

Two more classes, one holiday assembly, a department lunch and a tutoring session to go. One stack of final papers. Bags to pack and a flight to catch. Snowstorm to avoid ...

Which is all to say that I have managed to stagger my way to winter break. This semester has been eventful in many ways, and mind-bogglingly busy; I have knit furiously to keep sane and for the most part it has worked. Some long-back-burnered projects have worked their way to the front of the line (D#2's sweater, finishing the River Rapids socks, the skull scarf, and a PIF or two) and I am looking forward to having a little time to enjoy them.

Here's some of my holiday reading list:

George Bowering Baseball Love
Henning Mankell, The Pyramid
Arnaldur Indridason Jar City
Michael Kodas, High Crimes: The Fate of Everest in an Age of Greed
Robert Muchamore, The Dealer
Mason-Dixon Knitting 2.0, Ann Shayne and Kay Gardiner

2 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

Almost there! And it sounds like you've got good plans for your time off (that list looks great). I'm glad the knitting helped with the sanity -- thank goodness for small miracles, eh? Fly safely!

Bea said...

Yay for a break!! Have a safe trip! (my word verification is blessings)