Saturday, May 2, 2009

May? It's May?

Look at these delightful heart-shaped leaves, above. The catsura is delighted that spring is here!
Below, a packet of butterfly/hummingbird seed mix that I dumped into the planter in a fit of wishful thinking has now germinated ...

Here are a few pumpkin seedlings beginning to think about growing.

And a hyacinth, rescued from a potful of forced bulbs ....

So I guess it really is spring! I have been knitting spring, too -- I am currently obsessed with flower washcloths in dyed Blue Sky cotton, about the softest cotton I've ever used.



When I was at Stitch House the other day with my friend and her baby, I bought some more, one skein in an deeper orange-y colorway and one in cream. I'm using the Rebecca Mercier pattern from last year's pattern-a-day calendar and circular size 7s. I also bought some Queensland Sugar Rush in a silvery purple -- YUM! This might turn into a Tiger Eyes scarf.

I don't mean to ignore the fact that I've ignored the blog of late. Things have been, as my students would say, mad busy. But I'm thinking about some fun things to do this summer, and today I got some non-school reading when we went to our newly-renovated, newly-reopened town library.

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

Glad to see you're surviving the madness! That cotton really is the absolute best, isn't it? And I love those washcloths :) Hang in there, summer's coming...