Saturday, May 9, 2009

Quickly ...

This Queensland Sugar Rush leaped into my hands when I was last at Stitch House. I think it wants to be the Tiger Eye Lace Scarf ... right now I'm using size 6 needles and that seems about right. This yarn is a little splitty but it is SO soft and delicious, and I love the color. So I just won't make too many mistakes (says the knitter/math teacher who had to rip out the first repeat of this thing three times because she apparently can't COUNT ...).

I did finally finish the socks I started in the dark on the bus home from the New England Prep School Swim championships ...

and here's my friend with her very first FO, a scarf in Sunshine Yarns' Edward...
Doesn't she look proud of herself? Welcome to the dark side, I say.

Here are a few other things I know: the summer swim meet season begins next weekend and continues in a whirlwind until the end of July, I am woefully disorganized as far as summer plans go, the Red Sox should play the Yankees and only the Yankees this season, and I need a foolproof way to keep Tessie from gnawing on everything in sight, including all of the humans in the house. (She has many chew toys of various sorts but it isn't always enough)

3 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

I love the scarf and socks -- the purple theme is very nice :) Also nice is your bringing over of one more person to the dark side, it looks like she's enjoying the ride. As for the chewing, I'm not sure there is much to do except keep providing those chew toys, keeping everything that you like out of reach, and waiting for her to grow out of this stage (that's all that worked with Tilly, and, reaching back into the dim recesses of my memory, I think that's what we did with Kia all those years ago, too). Sorry, that's not very helpful, is it?

marit said...

Oooohhh, that will be a pretty scarf!

Isn't it nice when someone wants to learn how to knit?

Nana Sadie said...

Purple! Love it.
Those socks are great!
(((hugs)))