Friday, June 5, 2009

from Swine Flu Central

We had so many kids and faculty absent that we webcast graduation for the first time --my former colleague who is now in Beijing was able to watch, as were all the kids banned from campus as a result of their illness. One of our student speakers was absolutely terrific, and it wasn't hot out. I got to see 90% of the parents and students I wanted to see afterward.

And my separated-at-birth friend Jocelyn sent me a lovely care package today with yummy summerweight fiber (pictures soon, D#1 has the camera). THANK YOU!!

So we're done except for the comments and meetings, I have new yarn, and as of today (knock on wood) I haven't got the flu.

Pretty good for a Friday.

3 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got it! And I'm so glad that you've survived so far with no swine flu of your own -- that seems to bode well for the future. Summer's almost here, yes? Soon, soon... :)

Bea said...

I hope you stay healthy and far away from the swine flu!!

Nana Sadie said...

Do stay well!!!
(((hugs)))