Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Visuals


Long overdue, here are a couple of shots of the traveling shawl in Spain:

This is the Tuscany shawl from Amy Singer's No Sheep For You; I used Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Tuscany colorway, which is a nice confluence, I think! I now wonder if I should have made it bigger, but I think the wearer is enjoying it in this size. There are other photos of the shawl across the big pond, but faces of my loved ones are visible in those shots and we're a family increasingly wary of posting face shots on blogs ...


Last night when we came out of the pool, the windows and doors of the athletic center were covered with condensation. Some of the kids were drawing on it, and one of them (an budding engineer, given his interest in knitting design) found a way to use the lights from the soccer field to project the condensation drawings onto the white walls beside the doorway. Voila:

Also, voila, here is a sequence of fish tank photos (unfortunately in reverse order because Blogger won't do what I want, also unfortunately a little blurred because we were trying not to have the lid of the fish tank open too long and I rushed the shots) showing you the snail eggs. I'm just boggled by this event and can't wait to see what the next couple of weeks bring.



Here is a somewhat fuzzy shot of my first neckwarmer (in the Unique Sheep Singularity in Silk)

This is slightly better:

This is the Tudora neckwarmer in Cascade 200 Hunter Green, pictured with the Malabrigo neckwarmer in the indigo colorway ...

Below, D#2's sparkly scarf (Adriafils stars, on 15s):

My Druid mittens. The color is less orangey than this photo would have you believe -- it's Dream in Color Smooshy, in Ruby River.

Not pictured, but also OTN, 2 lace scarves, one in Malabrigo laceweight and the other in Knitterly Things Vesper sock yarn, in the Muddy Waters colorway.

When are you grading your papers, you ask in the face of all this knitting? What papers? My hands are busy.

2 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

For one second there, I thought that last question was for me (guilty conscience?), but I can absolutely see how you'd rather focus on all of this loveliness that paper-grading! Those snail egg shots are amazing.

Bea said...

Everything knitted looks lovely. The snail eggs are fascinating.