Saturday, August 16, 2008

Returning to Regularly Scheduled Programming (picture heavy)



Despite weather that made us wonder if we ought to start investigating good ark-building material, we did manage to capture many meaningful & soul-replenishing moments on memory card and in our memories of Summer 2008 ... (many photos by daughter #1). Above, heifers. Below, Willow.



Fog rising.



A familiar sky, below:


D#2's favorite ride at this year's County Fair (no, her father went with her).



A new calf (this might be Maisey):






some of my Tour de Fleece spinning, and a top view of my spindle ...



Tuscany, nearing completion.



Some of us got a lot of sleep.


Another in our series of interesting bugs, this one spotted on a mailbox in St. Johnsbury:



I was excited to have a shadow to photograph after so many days of rain:



Flowers in an historically-accurate recreation of a 19th century garden:


Some of us managed a little beach time.



Hurray, I finally made it to the barn after days flat on my back. The calves don't mind the camera if the flash is turned off ....


Yes, always one of my favorite views.



Now it is back to the real world -- although none of us start school for ten days there is plenty to do, believe me.

2 comments:

Bea said...

Oh this looks like a fun trip. I love your spindle. Is it a top whirl so you can see the leaves as it spins?

Knitting Linguist said...

Welcome back! I've missed hearing about your life :) The pictures are wonderful, and it looks like a good trip, in spite of pain and general bed-riddenness? I hope that you're feeling better, and that you have a good week getting ready for imminent education! (P.S. The spinning looks awesome; what are you going to knit with it?)