Saturday, August 2, 2008

Taking a Deep Breath

Here in Red Sox Nation this morning, I suspect I am not alone in thinking that everything's going to be okay. And yes, baseball season (all professional sports seasons) goes on a long time, but no longer than when some young folks were kids -- it is, I think, absolutely true, however, that the media coverage is much more extensive and goes on a long time both before and after the season. It's a business, unfortunately.

An update of sorts -- we're six days away from the beginning of Ravelympics 2008, where I'm knitting for Team Redsoxnation in 2 events, bagntote backstroke (this one's a secret) and WIPs wrestling (at least 3 items are slated to come off the needles). I hope I'll have much to report in my next post (fiber arts, cooking extravaganzas, and local produce galore) but I am headed away from regular Internet access for the nonce and don't know exactly when I'll next be able to check in. With any luck I will be writing about joyful things and *not* the trials of parenting an emerging adolescent. Keep your fingers crossed.

See you soon!

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

Ah, yes. Emerging adolescence. Hang in there -- I hope those joyful things do come along! :)