Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tampa Bay Tuesday

For all Red Sox fans, this is an exciting time of year. The boys have fought back from a big deficit in the standings and enter tonight's game just a 1/2 game back from the AL-East-leading Tampa Bay Rays. It's been raining since early afternoon, on and off, so I hope they'll get the game in. Dice-K has not pitched well tonight, and we're lucky the Sox are only down 1 run in the bottom of the 5th. There's a lot of bad blood between these teams. The Boston Globe gathered up some fun pictures to document the trajectory of bad feeling.

I've spent a lot of time in the dorm the past few days and consequently the endless i-cord bindoff of the Apres Surf hoodie isn't done. I am trying to resist casting on for several other projects; I've been invited to put some items into a craft fair in early December and really want to be able to say I'll do it... but that hoodie really needs to be DONE. On the other hand, I have made some progress -- the box for my Twilight Swap pal is sealed up and ready to go. I think I must not be a bag maker, or at least a knitted bag maker, as my last few attempts at this task have not pleased me. This time around, I liked the yarn, enjoyed the pattern and and had fun doing the knitting, but I just don't love the finished product. Oh, well. The rest of the box was full of good stuff so I hope my pal will like it.

If other teaching pals can make room in their lives for a meme, who am I to whine about how much work I have to do? I picked this up from Jocelyn, who was gracious enough NOT to tag people at this mad mad time of year but instead allowed for self-tagging:

What are the last three things you purchased?
caramel frappucino
butter croissant
no-fat pumpkin spice latte

What are the last three songs you downloaded?

"check yes Juliet" We the Kings
"Breathe in, breathe out," Mat Kearney
"


What are the three best places you visited?
Phnom Penh
London
Paris

What are your three favorite movies? These are three of my favorite movies. I don't think I have a Top 3.

The Big Lebowski
Moonstruck
Bend it like Beckham


What three things can you not live without?
My husband
My daughters
Books


What would be your three wishes?
Environmental awareness/action
More than adequate education for every child in this world
common sense in all branches of government (yeah, I know)



What are three things you haven't done yet?
get a tattoo
sky dive
swim an open water race

Name three things that freak you out?
big crowds in enclosed spaces
screeching styrofoam
runny eggs

What are your three favorite dishes?
My mother's chocolate cream puffs
My mother's brioche
chicken enchiladas with salsa verde and sour cream
(oh, and lobster rolls. Can't I list more than 3?)

Name three things you are good at?
organizing
being a friend
being a mom (most of the time)

What are three things you are currently coveting?
Someone to clean my house
A massage
Spinning wheel (& lessons, I know)

2 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

I am so glad you did it! And yup, definitely sisters separated at births :) Whaddaya say we go out together for a massage and a spinning lesson?

Nana Sadie said...

I'm glad I found you! Thanks to Jocelyn!
And what fun to do these meme - you've been to PARIS - where I'm wishing I could go!
(((hugs)))