Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Truly Excellent Package

Today I came home and found this wonderful package on my front step. It's from my amazing Twilight Swap partner, Angelique Devereaux, and I was happy to see it just for the mere fact of its being here. Then I opened it.

Inside there was Misti Alpaca yarn in a colorway that's right up my alley --how did she know? -- and a copy of the Tiger Eye lace scarf pattern I've had in my Ravelry queue for a while ...

There was a mini sock blocker key chain kit


Look! There's my bag peeking out ...


Here it is, unpacked and unfolded, with a Breaking Dawn button resting on it:


Although I put the bag in the sun to try to photograph the sparkles, that didn't work so well. Trust me, the bag is sparkly.

There was a lovely card with wolves on it (I am a member of the Wolf Pack and my pal is a member of the Coven). I always love getting cards in my swap packages and I often forget to include them myself --well, I remember when I've already sealed the package and by then --

There was a mysterious little buckskin-colored bag and in it were these beautiful stitch markers (made, I suspect, by Lavender Diggory?):



In fact, there were so mnay goodies I gave up taking individual photos and arranged them in an artful display:
There was a cute notebook with a leaf cut-out on the front, leaf notes and a magnetic-back leaf patterned pad, a Twilight calendar (I know right where that's going, my advisees will love it too), an extra little crocheted drawstring bag, and a sheet of Breaking Dawn stickers. And can you see the Team Jacob t-shirt? Yes.

I hope I haven't missed anything--I was well and truly spoiled this time by a friendly, thoughtful swap pal. Thank you so much!

(And since I gave but didn't receive in the Gryffindor swap this summer it's especially nice to feel so well-taken-care-of this time around.)

4 comments:

marit said...

WOW! lucky you!

Knitting Linguist said...

That's a wonderful package! I particularly love that yarn -- when are you casting on? ;)

Bea said...

Thats a really awesome package.

kathy b said...

Great package. I love your new stitchmarkers and yarn. Im so glad you be able to comment on you site again! !