Monday, September 1, 2008

End of August Miscellany

Here is our canine visitor. Remember when she was just a tiny puppy? We've had a lovely weekend with her while her parent was out-of-town with the older dog.

Good Harbor Beach in Gloucester--this was our expedition last week while D#2 was enjoying her first day of school. It is a lovely little beach and we had a great time. D#1 managed to get around fairly well while we were there, though she paid for it later that night. (Note: after 4 days of doing literally nothing, the pain in her legs is much diminished, leaving me hopeful that she will be able to start school, and possibly even swimming, on time).

The contractors who came to repair the stairs on Thursday had to cut a hole in the living room wall. The cats were very curious but luckily none of the the three were walled up inside at the end of the job. We'll see how long it takes our facilities folks to come and paint ....

Summer version of a fry-up! All produce in the skillet courtesy of our garden. These veggies made a lovely penne topping, wilted in a little olive oil and white wine.

The hummingbird loves this plant. And below, a very interesting tomato.



The turkeys are back, in greater numbers. We think this flock must be 2 separate families, as there seem to be 2 adult females and 11 babies. The cats are still making up their minds (are we horrified? terrified? eager to pounce?) and the visiting puppy was absolutely speechless when the birds came up on the porch.'



This is my very ugly Ravelympics bag. It is either going to be frogged or tossed. Pattern: Elisa's Nest Tote (the pattern was fine), yarn: Panda Cotton in Faded Jeans, held double. I was making it for a swap, but there's no way I'm inflicting this on anyone. I'm well into the knitting of bag #2, using the French Market Bag pattern from Knitty instead, and I like it much better.



Well, it's back to the salt mines tomorrow. The best thing about faculty meetings is the knitting time, I keep telling myself. And yes, I am resolutely resisting political commentary today ...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

There seem to be a lot of us resisting said commentary :) I love the wrap-up in pictures -- it sounds like a good weekend overall, full of dogs and turkeys and beaches. I'm so glad that D#1's legs are feeling some better. Good luck with that first day tomorrow -- I'll be thinking of you as I sit through my faculty meeting!