Sunday, January 18, 2009

54 degrees this morning

Yes, 54 degrees Fahrenheit! The unfortunate news, though, is that that was the temperature INSIDE the house when I arose this morning. We are embarked, I think, on an adventure much like the saga of Sir Washie. Last night, after we returned from a fabulous dinner at the Elephant Walk, we discovered that our children's contention that the house was cold was in fact true, and not simply whinging. The furnace doctor arrived on our doorstep this morning and expressed his opinion that this particular furnace has bravely given its all --he got it going again but who knows for how long... and I have no idea how they're going to get the old furnace out and a new unit in. The inside stairwell is barely the width of a laundry basket. It's a little warmer outside than it has been, however, 24 degrees (F), and snowing.

We had an exciting event in the fish tank this week --see those little barley-like things in the photo(s) below? Baby snails!!


A couple of belated FO pics follow. Here's the Noro leftovers hat, co-opted by D#1 as perfect post-swim wear.



And these are the Bella mittens, modeled by Fleur.

I am well along on the second Snow on Cedars mitt. I love the pattern! And Dani's Trek colorway is just yummy. It is a little more chocolate-y than this photo would indicate (grabbed from the Sunshine Yarns website ....

I found a nice motif for my section of the current piece of the Red Sox traveling scarf in my possession and ought to be able to mail it across the pond Tuesday. And by then I'll be starting to think about grades and comments, and my syllabus for the evening class (begins Thursday).

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, I do hope that your saga doesn't get quite as dramatic as Stephanie's! The wall tearing out looked stressful... The knitting looks wonderful, though, and just what you need for that weather. Good luck with the syllabi :)