Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One more week

Wow, I haven't posted in a while. I can only plead that I lost three days to an absolutely consuming swim meet (2 sessions per day) and then spent yesterday in such a delirium of exhaustion that anything I'd posted would have been gibberish. Of course, even today that may still be true but I am fractionally less tired.

At school we're in the lull of exam review, which does give me time to contemplate knitting projects, the final week of the Bush presidency, and other important matters. I may even be able to get caught up on blog reading, and get my Ravelry fix ... The weather reports are predicting both an "Arctic blast" and snow on Thursday; better this week than next! Exam week is the only time when I most emphatically do not want a snow day.

My Bella's mittens are done, and I'm reasonably pleased with them -- if I make them again I need to find a better way to increase for the thumb gusset, as this particular combination of yarn and M1s left me with a sort of swiss cheesy connection that need repair before hte mittens could be functional. I'm still jumping about amongst three projects -- the traveling scarf (I have received scarf #2), the Luna Moth shawl, and a pair of Snow on Cedar mitts (these are definitely NOT tv knitting).

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

You've got a lot on your plate! I hope the swim meet went well, and that there are no snow days next week. All of those mitt patterns are lovely, too. Hang in there :)