Friday, January 30, 2009

After I Broke the Senior Project System

OK, maybe *I* wasn't the person who broke it, but many hours and much cursing later the tech wizards in the dungeon across the street from the Building In Which I Climb 73 Stairs Every Time I Want to Get Something off my Desk have agreed that the thing is indeed broken. Well, duh, every time I edit a project title, students' names disappear as if wiped away with a sponge. Maybe they will be able to fix it this weekend while I write my comments ... or maybe not. But at least they're no longer implying that I'm an idiot for not being able to get the database to do what I want.


D#2's amaryllis has bloomed and looks spectacular (see above), which is very nice because we are still entombed in ice around here (see below).


A visual poem by my spouse, above. And below, finally, pictures of the River Rapids Socks, knit on Knitpicks size 2 dpns, in Yarnpig Petunia, in the fabulous Mountain Majesty colorway (thanks again, Bea, for saving this for me. I adore it, and the rest is going to be a neckwarmer!). . This yarn is soft and squishy, delightful to work with, and a combination of colors that make me extremely happy. May I say that I love everything about these socks --especially and most deeply the yarn --except the fit? It turns out that I am exceptionally picky about how tightly or loosely a sock grabs my foot, and these are just too darn loose. Bummer.

3 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

Well, I'm glad that your tech people have finally figured it out! But it is a bummer about a) all that ice, and b) non-fitting gorgeous-yarned socks. (My verification word is "recesse"; maybe that's what the socks need?)

Bea said...

Well at least the tech people have finally figured out what is going on.

The socks are really pretty. So sorry they don't fit properly.

Nana Sadie said...

The amaryllis is so pretty...just the right touch of spring to keep one sane in a cold world!
Your socks are lovely!
(((hugs)))